Week 6: Tuesday (10/4)

Review week: Preparation for the 1st monthly exams πŸ““


Homework

Reading:

- We will read 'Mama's Birthday Present'🎁, from pages 16-43 in our Reading Street (1.4) books.

We will read it again because there will be questions about the story in the written exam on Wednesday, 10/12.


Worksheet: (due Friday)

Take your time to go through the worksheet. Each section will help students to get ready for the written exam.


Class activity

If not finished during class, please finish it and hand it in the Communication book tomorrow.


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Conversation patterns for speaking practiceWeek 5, 6:

- Can I/you __________?

- Yes, I/we can __________. No, I/we can't __________.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


πŸ“–πŸ“‘πŸ“š

Bubble Book:

- We will write out our new Vocabulary Words 1-24⭐⭐⭐ in our bubble book.

Practice writing each Vocabulary Word (X1) ⭐⭐⭐ neatly on the green line.


- Check corrections - Check if there is a star '*', you will need to write the sentence again.

- Write the date at the top - Tuesday (10/4)

- Write the VWs and number; 1-24 ⭐⭐⭐

- Then write 5 sentences and number each one; 1-5

For example:

1. I need to get my shorts stitched up because they broke during the soccer match. 🩳⚽

2. If I fail, I will feel sad. πŸ˜“

3. What is your waist size? I need to know so that I can buy you a new dress. πŸ‘—

4. Did you get my email? πŸ’»

5. I wonder where my pencil went.

- In each sentence, underline each VW used.


- Here is the PPT for Vocabulary Words Week 2: W2 PPT


Thank you, Tr. Megan 😊


NOTE:

LISTENING EXAM: TOMORROW

·         Communication Book (Weeks 1-4)


ORAL EXAM:   

Students will be asked to read an unfamiliar text. They will be evaluated on fluency, pronunciation, intonation and clarity. Students will also be asked to answer comprehension questions, in full sentences, based on the unfamiliar text.

 

WRITTEN EXAM: 

Vocabulary Comprehension:  Vocabulary words from weeks 1-4)

 

Story comprehension (understanding of the story):

·         Mama’s Birthday Present

·         Cinderella

 

Phonics:

Students may be asked to identify:

  • Vowel Digraphs ai, ay
  • Vowel Digraph ea
  • Singular and Plural Possessives
  • Adding Endings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: Monday (9/11)

Wednesday (8/30) First Day of Grade 1!

Week 4: Friday (9/22)